The U.S. National Response Plan (NRP) developed the following Underlying Assumptions for Catastrophic Incidents, and they describe the likely effects/aftermath of a Major Event occurring in the United States. Hardened Structures acknowledges these Assumptions within their designs:
Assumption For Major Events
- May occur at any time with little or no warning.
- May involve single or multiple geographic areas.
- Require significant information sharing at the classified and unclassified levels across multiple jurisdictions and the private sectors.
- May overwhelm capabilities of State, local and private-sector infrastructure owners and operators.
- May result in numerous causalities, fatalities, displaced people and property loss.
- May cause a disruption of normal life support systems, food availability and basic infrastructure.
- May disrupt essential public services leading to uncontrolled fires and lawlessness.
- May involve multiple, highly varied hazards or threats.
- May attract an influx of spontaneous volunteers and supplies.
- May attract an influx of spontaneous vendors, contractors, profiteers and criminals.
- May have significant international impact and/or require significant international resource coordination and/or assistance.
- May impact critical infrastructures across several sectors.
- May require forced evacuation or extended shelter-in-place.
- Can span the spectrum of incident management to include prevention, protection, response and recovery.
A Hardened Structure Feasibility Study typically takes one week to complete. We meet with the Clients, examine the site, do a preliminary investigation and prepare a budget. The cost will average between $3k and $5k plus travel and expenses.
of Utah Consultation